Resident Assistant (RA) Selection
Become a 2015-2016 Marshall Resident Assistant (RA)
A few things you'll want to know about applying to be Resident Assistant.
- Sophomore standing by September 2015
- 2.5 Cummulative GPA at time of application
- Full Time UCSD enrollment (12+ units) for the entire 2015-2016 academic year
How to Apply
Read the Marshall College RA job description (Click for PDF here)
Apply on-line here between Monday, December 1, 2014 – 12:00 pm through Tuesday, January 13, 2015 by 4:00 pm
- You do not need to complete everything the first time you log in; you can save your application and come back to it. You may want to prepare your answers beforehand or you can work and save your progress in the online application
- If you are currently an RA/HA in good standing in a residential area other than Marshall, you will complete the online application above AND complete a supplemental application and return to our office by January 13, 2015 noon. (Click here for PDF of returning RA supplemental application)
- Please email Assistant Director of Residential Life, Mitchelle Greenlee, or call her at (858) 534-4340 with any additional questions
Attend the Informational Sessions
Marshall College info sessions:
- You will learn all about being an RA at Marshall by chatting with current Resident Assistants and learning about our know.check.be philosophy.
- Wed. December 10, 2014 at 4:00 pm in OceanView Lounge @ Marshall College.
- Wed. January 7, 2015 at 4:00 pm in OceanView Lounge @ Marshall College.
Required Online References
Two recommendations are required and need be completed online at: http://goo.gl/forms/zQw7i03okD
Online recommendation submissions are due by 12:00 noon Friday, January 23, 2015.
Online recommendation submission need be from the following:
- Rec #1: A current or former RA from where you resided on campus (a campus other than UCSD is acceptable for transfer students).
- Rec #2: A recent supervisor or advisor who can speak to your leadership ability. A recent supervisor during college is preferred, but a supervisor/advisor during high school is acceptable. A UCSD staff or faculty member is preferred if possible.
- Recommendations should not be relatives
Save the Date!! If you meet our basic criteria, you will be invited to attend our first round Group Process interview on Saturday, January 31, 2015
Questions? Email email@example.com