Your Home at Marshall
Nothing beats Living On Campus — you’re next door to everything & everyone.
Roll out of bed. Walk to class. Lunch with friends. Quick nap. Afternoon lecture. Sunset surfing at the beach. Study session with suitemates. Gym for a workout. Movie night in the lounge.
This is everyday life when you make Marshall College residence halls and apartments your home.
Most students choose to live in the residence halls their first year; many return for subsequent years. Research shows that students who live on campus get more out of their college experience. Residents enjoy resources designed to make their transition into college smooth. They also meet people from all walks of life.
Our Houses are split into three different sections: Residential Halls, Lower Apartments & Uppers Apartments. Each house is also assigned a different theme.
- A: Activism
- B: B yourself
- C/D: Collective Dialogue
- E: Empower
- F: Freedom
- G: Grassroots
- H: Human Rights
- J: Justice
- K: Knowledge
- L: Liberation
- M: Movement
- N: your Narrative
- O: Opportunities
- P: Peace
- Q: Quest for:
- R: Revolutionary
- S: Solidarity
- T/U: Truly Unique
- V: Voices
First-year students live in the Marshall residence halls. Single, double, and triple rooms are arranged in suites. Each suite has a bathroom, living area, and patio/balcony.
Upper-class students live in the Marshall Apartments. Upper apartments are located next to Marshall field. The lower apartments are in the eucalyptus grove. All apartments are fully furnished and have a kitchen, bathroom, living room, and 3 bedrooms (singles or doubles).
Residents in this community have indicated a commitment to the LGBT community both locally, in their residence hall, and campus-wide. This program is open to individuals or groups of students. Placement into this community will be done through a pre-assignment process.
Gender Inclusive Housing is available for continuing residents in all seven apartment living areas at UC San Diego. This housing option is available only to residents from the same college, the Village or I-house. Gender Inclusive housing allows continuing residents of all gender identities to live together in apartments.
- You can find floor plans of most Marshall room types on the Housing/Dining/Hospitality website
- All beds in both residential halls and apartments are extra long twins (36" x 80").
Marshall Residence Halls:
- Six 4-story buildings to the north titled N, O, P, Q, R, & S
- Renovated (Summer 2012) with new carpet, blinds, paint and furniture!
- Three 2-story buildings to the south titled T, U, & V buildings
- Four lounges, three laundry facilities, mail boxes, a full dining facility, sand volleyball courts and grassy hump
- Buildings are connected via secured breezeways
- Living rooms measure about 14' x 11'
- Hallways are approximately 3' wide
- Balconies are about 8' x 5'
- Ceilings are 8' 9"
- Single gender suites that consist of two triple room and four single/double rooms
- Rooms arranged around a common living area and patio
- Common living area has a couch, two chairs, a coffee table, and two lamps
- Each resident has a twin bed, nightstand, a desk with a computer shelf**, and a closet
- Each of the suites are wired for telephone, cable, and internet service
- When decorating please check the policies and procedures
Single/Mini Double Rooms
Single and Temp Double Rooms vary in size depending on the building:
- O, P, Q, R, U, V buildings with room numbers ending in 02, 05, 08, & 11 are 10'10" x 9'4"
- O, P, Q, R, U, V buildings with room numbers ending in 03, 04, 09, 10 are 10'6" x 9'5"
- N, S, & T buildings with room numbers ending in 02 & 05 are 10'8" x 9'9"
- N, S, & T buildings with room numbers ending in 03 & 04 are 9' 10" x 10' 10"
Closets are approximately 6 square feet, ceilings are 8'9" tall, and beds are between 13 and 23 inches off of the ground.
Triple Rooms/ Regular Double rooms
Double and triple rooms vary in size depending on the building:
- O, P, Q, R, U, & V buildings are 12'2" x 13'6"
- N, S, & T buildings are 15' x 10'3"
The permanent closets are at least 6 square feet, ceilings are 8'9" tall, and bunk beds are between 13 and 23 inches off of the ground. The lofted bed in triple rooms are 6' off the ground. The two drawer dresser in the closet under the lofted bed is 18" wide, 22" deep, & 21" tall.
If assigned to a triple, please note the following guidelines:
- Resident A = a built in closet, two of the six available drawers, a desk, a chair, & lower bunk
- Resident B = a built in closet, two of the six available drawers, a desk, a chair, & upper bunk
- Resident C = wardrobe closet, two of the six available drawers, a desk, a chair, lofted bed, and two drawer dresser
- Residents A, B, & C = decide how to use under bed storage collectively
If assigned to a mini-double, please note the following guidelines:
- Resident A: lower bunk, built in closet and dresser/desk
- Resident B: upper bunk, built in closet and dresser/desk
- Residents A & B: decide how to use under bed storage collectively
- Six buildings titled G, H, J, K, L, & M.
- Single-story:One double room, one triple room, one single room, a kitchen, closet, bathroom, and balcony.
- Each apartment has a sink, stove, oven, full refrigerator, kitchen table, four chairs, 3 seats, a couch, 2 lamps, and 3 coffee tables.
- Each resident has a single bed, a dresser, a desk, a bookcase, and a closet. Each of the apartments is wired for telephone and internet service.
- Laundry facilities, a basketball half-court, Goody's Place and Market
- Mailboxes are located on the side of Fireside Lounge in the Lower apartment area.
- All ceilings are 8 feet tall.
- Living room:14' x 12'1'
- Triple bedroom #1:13.5' by 17'
- Double bedroom #2: 12' x 16'
- Single bedroom #3: 10.75' x 12'
- Six buildings titled A, B, C, D, E, & F.
- Double-story: One double room, two single rooms, a kitchen, closet, bathroom, and balcony.
- Single-story: one double room, a kitchen, bathroom, and balcony.
- Each apartment has a sink, stove, oven, full refrigerator, kitchen table, four chairs, 1 seat, a couch, a lamp, and two coffee tables.
- Each resident has a single bed, a dresser, a desk, a bookcase, and a closet. Each apartment is wired for telephone and internet service.
- Fireside Lounge, laundry facilities, a basketball half-court, parking, and the mail room.
- All ceilings are 8 feet tall.
- Living room: 11' 1" by 13' 7"
- Single rooms: 9' 4.5" by 12' 2.5"
- Double rooms: 11' 11.5" by 15' 3"