Skip to main content


Students must declare a major by the time they have reached 90 units. With all major departments, students have access to an Academic Advisor who can assist them with their progress through the major. View a complete list of undergraduate majors and degrees at UCSD on TritonLink.

Learn about undergraduate majors

More info

View sample academic plans

more info

Build your career roadmap

More info

Double Majors

Students who wish to explore a second academic program in depth, may petition to declare a double major. Double majors must be outside of the student’s current academic department (or school), and are available to students who are in good academic standing (UC cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better) at the time of application. Find out if double majoring is right for you. Come in to speak with an academic counselor today to review a possible double major and the petitioning process. Double majors must be completed in twelve quarters for students entering as Freshmen and in six quarters for students entering as Transfers.

Read more